Chicken Breast with Tomato Oregano Sauce
Pour hot water over the tomatoes, then peel and dice.
Heat VOM FASS San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a hot pan over medium heat, then add onions and garlic until aromatic.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato puree and chili peppers.
Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add olives and oregano to the sauce.
Season to taste with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar VOM FASS Aceto Balsamico Gold.
Add lemon peel and drizzle with the olive oil remaining.
Reduce heat to low while chicken is cooking.
Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Grill each side for about 7 minutes.
Arrange sauce on four plates and top with chicken breasts.
Rice or pasta pairs nicely with the sauce.
- 1 1/2 lb. tomatoes
- 7 T. VOM FASS San Gimignano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 T. tomato puree
- 2 small dried chili peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 bunch of oregano, chopped
- 1 VOM FASS Salt and Pepper , to taste
- 1 1/2 T. VOM FASS Aceto Balsamico Gold
- juice of one lemon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
VOM FASS Shopping List