Beef with Apple Balsamic Star Marinade and Horseradish
- Clean and dice the vegetables. Peel the onion, cut it in half, and toast the cut surface with VOM FASS Rapeseed Oil in a pan.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the steak and the marrowbones. Add salt, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, onion, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Cook beef gently for another 1½ hours. Pick up the beef with a meat fork (the beef is done when it slips off the fork). Remove the beef from the stock, and chill. Reserve the broth.
- For the garnish, cook the beet with caraway seeds in salted water until soft. Peel when hot, and dice as soon as the beet has cooled down.
- Peel the apples; remove the cores, and dice them the same size as a beet. Brieflysteam with apple juice and VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Star in a pan until soft.
- For the sauce, finely dice the shallots and boil with the saved broth. Add grainy mustard, VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Star and VOM FASS Rapeseed Oil, and stir to a homogenous sauce. Add finely chopped parsley.
- After the meat has cooled down, slice it very thinly. Serve it on a platter with the following presentation: Season the beef with VOM FASS Salt and Pepper, and sprinkle with the mustard sauce. Spread the apple and beet dices on top; garnish with some baby spinach, and sprinkle with fresh horseradish.
- Mixtures of vegetables (celery, leek, carrots)
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. VOM FASS Rapeseed Oil
- 1 ½ lbs. top sirloin cap steak
- 2 beef marrowbones
- 2 tsp. VOM FASS Salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
For the garnish:
- 1 beet
- VOM FASS Salt
- Caraway seeds
- 2 apples (Elstar or another sweet apple)
- 4 tsp. apple juice
- 4 tsp. VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Star
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Freshly grated horesradish, to taste
- VOM FASS Pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 shallot
- ¼ cup meat broth (from the water the sirloin was boiled in)
- 1 tsp. grainy mustard
- 6 T. VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Star
- ¼ cup VOM FASS Rapeseed Oil
- 1-2 T. finely chopped parsley